Shatavari is a very important herb, used as a rejuvenating tonic for women for thousands of years, and it is one of the most popular Ayurvedic medications. It is an herb that will help the reproductive system heal in a positive manner.
The name translates roughly to “the cure for one hundred diseases”.
The active compounds it contains acts upon all of the tissues within the body and creates a powerful action known as anabolic action. It is frequently referred to mothers after their delivery because it assists in secretion of milk.
Shatavari can be found in the market in the form of granules. This powder form can be mixed with milk and you can take it around two times a day for the best results.
Where does Shatavari come from?
As a member of the asparagus family (asparagus racemosus), it is also referred to as the Indian asparagus. It can be found in the tropical areas of Asia, India, Australia, and Africa. It is a woody plant that usually grows in shady areas and at a low altitude.
Preparation of Shatavari:
Talk about convenience; you can purchase easy-to-digest capsules and take them as supplements. Alternately, you can get the granules, which are made from the dried root, which can then be mixed into a wide range of dishes, drinks, and teas. The granules or a powdered form are very inexpensive, and will do wonders for your body. Once you have the granules you can mix 1 tablespoon of the Shatavari in milk. Combine the granules and the milk completely. Serve! You can make this twice a day for yourself for fast results.
- Shatavari aids in releasing the extra water weight during periods.
- It has the ability to balance the pH levels of the vagina; it nourishes the body, and cleanses dry membranes so that the fluids are balanced completely.
- It increases the amount of breast milk for mothers and it is used by those women that suffer from hysterectomy.
- Fertility rate increases because Shatavari nourishes the ovum.
- Shatavari can be used by males to reduce sexual problems such as reduction in inflammation of sexual organs and even impotence. It can also help increase the love felt between two partners.
- This medication consists of therapeutic features such as isoflavoness, soluble fibers, and complex sugars. These components help in digestion. They can also fight against heartburn and colitis. The medication consists of components that create a cooling effect and therefore it can lower fever, inflammation, and even stomach ulcers.
- Shatavari can fight cholera, typhoid fever, dysenteriae, E.coli, and Staphyoloccus aerus. These bacteria can cause diarrhea and vomiting.
- This medication will help to relieve stress. It creates an immune response within the body and this helps to protect the body from damaging effects like stress.
It is recommended that you take Shatavari twice a day and make sure that you take the medication after a meal. You will see excellent results on your body and mind when you incorporate this amazing medication into your lifestyle. This is one of the ingredients in an Ayurvedic diet that provides a nourishing effect on the body and will make you feel good about yourself. Try it out for yourself and see the fantastic results!
Source Reference: https://www.ayurvedicliving.org/shatavari-benefits-and-how-to-prepare/
Video Reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m–xFbm732M#action=share