Bread Channa chaat is a simple, delicious and healthy recipe for kids and adults. Presenting a party appetizer/ kid’s lunch box/ anytime snack recipe.
Ingredients for Bread Chana Basket : 6 thick slices Bread (white/brown), Butter, Chana Chaat : 1 Cup Chana (boiled), 1 Medium Onion (finely chopped), 1 Medium Tomatoes (finely chopped), 1 tsp Cumin seeds, 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste, 2 tsp Chilli powder, 1 Tbsp Chana Masala, 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder, 2 tsp Oil, To taste Salt.
Steps to Make Bread Chana Basket :
Prepare Bread Basket:
- Trim the edges and cut the bread slices into circular shape.
- Slightly roll out the bread circles and straighten them.
- Add butter on both the sides of the bread.
- Press them gently into the muffin pans.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degree Celsius and bake the bread for 11-13 minutes. Just till they turn golden brown.
- Move to wire rack for cooling immediately.
Prepare Chana Masala/Chana Chaat:
- Add oil in a pan and once hot, add cumin seeds and add the chopped onions and sauté for 2 minutes. Then add ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell goes off.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and fry them till they get cooked nicely.
- Now add the turmeric powder, chilli powder and chana masala powder. Mix well.
- Add the boiled chana. Add 1/4 cup water and let it boil for 5-10 minutes.
- Once it has become a little dry, switch off flame. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.