A healthy soup made with beetroot, tomatoes and carrots. Enjoy as a soup or serve with brown rice.
Ingredients for Clear Vitamin Soup Recipe : 2 cups diced beetroot, 2 cups diced carrots, 2 cups diced tomatoes, 3 thai green chillies (optional), 2 Tbsp tamarind pulp (If you are allergic to tamarind pulp, substitute it with cranberries or lemon juice), Salt to taste, 1 tsp red chilly powder (optional), 1/2 tsp asafoetida, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp cumin powder, 2 tsp rasam powder, 2 tsp oil or ghee, Seasoning: 1 1/2 tsp mustard seeds, 1 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, 2 dry red chillies, 4 mashed garlic cloves, 4 sprigs of curry leaves.
Steps to Make Clear Vitamin Soup Recipe :
- Blend beetroot, carrot, tomato and green chillies.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add the ingredients for the seasoning let it splutter.
- Add the blended vegetable puree to the seasoning with ten cups of water.
- Add chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, Rasam powder, and tamarind pulp.
- Stir and let it boil for 10-15 minutes and add coriander leaves (optional).
- Enjoy as a soup or with Quinoa or Brown rice.