Ingredients for Foxtail Millet Kheer Recipe : 1 liter Milk, 50 grams Foxtail Millet, 5 Saffron strands, 2 tablespoon Fresh coconut (grated), 1/4 cup Sugar, 1/4 cup Mixed dry fruits , (like almonds, pistachios).
Steps to Make Foxtail Millet Kheer :
- To begin making the Foxtail Millet Kheer (Payasam) recipe, transfer the milk into a heavy bottom pan keep it on medium heat.
Meanwhile, wash the foxtail millet and drain excess water.
- Once the milk comes to a boil, add the washed foxtail millet and saffron strands to the milk. Allow the milk to come to a quick boil.
- Once the milk comes to a boil, turn the heat to low and simmer the kheer until the foxtail millet cooks completely. This will take about 10 to 15 minutes. (You will have to take a bite to check)
- Once the foxtail millet has cooked through completely, add in the freshly grated coconut and sugar and simmer for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally so the milk does not condense and settle to the bottom. Check the sweetness at this stage and adjust to suit your taste.
- Turn off the heat and the kheer is now ready to be served.
- Garnish the Foxtail Millet Kheer with slivered almonds and pistachios and serve warm or chilled as desired.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.