A light dish made with sago or sabudana, this khichdi has sabudana soaked overnight to perfection and then mixed with peanuts, potatoes, chillies and spices and saffron generously sprinkled over. Garnished with coriander leaves and lemon wedges.
Ingredients : Sabudana (before soaking), water, oil, cumin seeds, Curry leaves, ginger, green chillies, potatoes (cubed), saffron, peanuts (crushed), sendha namak (rock salt), sugar, lemon juice, coriander leaves, lemon wedges.
Steps to make Kesari Sabudana Khichdi:
- Place Sabudana in a colander and wash under cold tap water until clear water appears. This takes off most of the starch and prevents sticking.
- In a big wide bowl soak sabudana by adding just enough water to cover them. Just 1/4 inch more than sabudana level.
- Soak covered for 5-6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Sabudana will fluff up after soaking.
- Drain off excess water if any before cooking.
- Add oil to a heavy bottom non stick pan.
- Once warm, add in the cumin seeds.
- Add in the cubed potatoes and cook on a low flame until tender, flipping it occasionally.
- Now add in the curry leaves, ginger, chopped chilies and cook for a minute more.
- Meantime, add in sugar, salt, crushed roasted peanuts and lemon juice to the sabudana bowl and mix well.
- Now add the coated sabudana to the pan, mix everything well and cook until the sabudana are a bit translucent and well coated.
- Add saffron and keep stirring occasionally.
- Add coriander garnish and topped with lemon wedge.
- Serve hot.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.