Poha is an easy, delicious and healthy breakfast recipe, popular in Maharashtra. Made with onions, potatoes and seasoning like chillies, lemon and curry leaves make up a tasty and easy meal of Poha.
Ingredients for Poha Recipe : 1 Cup poha/chivda (pressed rice), 1 tbsp oil, 1/8 tsp asafoetida, 1 tsp mustard seeds, 1/2 cup onions (finely chopped), 8-10 curry leaves, 2-3 Whole red chillies, 1/2 cup potatoes (diced small), 1/2 tsp turmeric, 2 tsp salt, 1 tsp green chillies, finely chopped, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp coriander leaves (chopped), For garnish lemon wedges.
Steps to Make Poha Recipe :
- Put poha in a colander and wash, not letting it soak too long in the water. Leave in the colander to drain out completely.
- Heat the oil and add the asafoetida, mustard seeds, curry leaves and onions along with whole red chillies.
- When onions are light brown, add potatoes, and turn around till they look a bit glossy.
- Add the turmeric and sauté over low heat till the potatoes are cooked through.
- Increase the heat, add salt and poha and mix well. Saute till mixed and heated through.
- Shut off the heat, and mix in the green chillies, lemon juice and half of the coriander.
- Transfer on to a serving dish, garnish with the rest of the coriander and lemon wedges and serve.