The all time favorite Gujarati snack, Dhoklas are soft and tender vegetarian snack that is loved across the country and even abroad. The light yet filling snack is a healthy option and just perfect for evening snacks along with a cup of hot tea. This dhokla recipe can be prepared in just about 40 minutes that makes it a great option for snacks when unexpected guests arrive.
Ingredients for Rava / Suji Dhokla : Suji, Sugar, Ginger paste, Green chilli paste, Salt, Oil, Sour curd, Water, Fruit salt or baking soda, Rai, Curry leaves, Green chillies (slit), Oil, Coriander, Coconut.
Steps to Make Rava / Suji Dhokla :
- Mix the suji, ginger paste, chilli paste, salt, sugar and oil and beat in the curd.
- Beat till smooth. Add the water and mix well again.
- Add the fruit salt, stir gently and pour immediately into the greased tin and place in the steamer.
- Steam for 20 minutes. Remove the tin from the steamer and keep aside.
- Heat the oil for the tadka, add the rai, curry leaves and green chillies.
- Saute till slightly colored, and add 1/4 cup water.
- Cut the dhokla into desired sized pieces and pour the tadka over.
- Garnish with the coriander and coconut and serve.