Poha is a popular breakfast option all across the country. Here is a healthier poha recipe made with red rice poha. It has poha made from red rice that goes through less processing as compared to the other and has countless health benefits. This recipe of poha is cooked with peppers, button mushrooms, wild mushrooms and a burst of grated cheese on top that makes it irresistible.
Ingredients of Red Rice Poha : onion, pepper, button mushrooms, wild mushrooms (with water), Tomato (diced), Sage leaf, Rosemary leaves, red poha, Few drops of truffle oil.
Steps to Make Red Rice Poha :
- Put poha in hot boiling water for a few minutes till it is soft.
- Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a pan saute the peppers and onions with sliced button mushrooms, wild mushrooms and the water from the hydrated mushrooms.
- Pour in the white wine to enhance the flavour. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add 1/2 a chopped tomato. Add sage and rosemary.
- Add the poha and mix together.
- Serve with some grated cheese and a drizzle of truffle oil.