Scrumptious soup prepared with oven roasted tomatoes, flavored with garlic and mixed herbs, served hot laced with fresh cream and sautéed herbs.
Ingredients for Roasted Tomato and Herb Soup : 12 Large Tomatoes (ripe, red), sliced, 4-5 cloves Garlic (crushed) peeled, 1/2 tsp Black Peppercorn (crushed), 3/4 tsp Mixed herbs (dried), 1 1/2 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil, To taste Salt, As required Water
For garnishing: 1 tsp Fresh cream (chilled), 1 tsp Mixed herbs (dried sautéed in Extra virgin olive oil)
Steps to Make Roasted Tomato and Herb Soup :
- Preheat the oven at 180◦ C.
- Place the sliced tomatoes and garlic in the baking tray.
- Pour olive oil.
- Oven roast for 15 minutes, till the tomatoes leave their peel.
- Once the tomatoes are done, set aside to cool.
- Blend in a food processor the tomatoes, garlic, peppercorn, mixed herbs.
- Prepare a smooth puree by adding a little water.
- Place the puree on the flame.
- Add salt. Adjust the consistency.
- Serve hot laced with fresh cream and garnished with a swirl of mixed herbs.