There is absolutely nothing more perfect than a pan of fresh pizza with cheese and veggies oozing out of it, calling you out for its delicious serving. And what better than a home made, healthy Whole Grain Pizza? Just the perfect dish at a kids party or a movie night, fresh dough made with whole wheat flour topped with tomato sauce, mushrooms, cheese and baked to perfection. A healthy way to satiate those cravings of Pizza!
Ingredients for Whole Grain Pizza Recipe :
For the dough : 3 Cups Whole wheat flour, 3 Tbsp Chana (roasted), 3 Tbsp Soya flour, 1 Cup Multigrain mix of linseeds, oats, rye, sunflower seeds and canola, 1 tsp Dry yeast, 1 tsp Sugar, 2 Cups Water, 2 Tbsp Olive oil, To taste Salt
For the sauce : 3-4 Tomatoes (de-skinned), 3 Tbsp Olive oil, 2 Cups Tomato paste, 10-12 Fresh mint sprigs, To taste Salt and pepper
For Pizza Assembly : 600 Gram Pizza dough, 1 1/2 Cup Mozzarella cheese (grated), 1 1/2 Cup Mushrooms (sautéed with olive oil – sliced), 3/4 Cup Sauce, To drizzle Extra virgin olive oil
Steps to Make Whole Grain Pizza :
Prepare the Pizza Dough:
- Mix dry yeast with luke warm water and sugar and keep aside for fermentation.
- In a bowl, mix whole wheat flour, roasted channa, soya flour, salt and multi grain premix.
- Add the fermented yeast and knead till it is smooth.
- Finish the dough with olive oil and keep aside.
Prepare the Pizza Sauce:
- Puree the tomatoes in a food processor.
- Now heat oil in a pan and cook the tomato puree till the first boil and then let it simmer.
- Add tomato paste, basil leaves, salt and pepper and keep aside.
Assemble the Pizza:
- Roll out the dough into 12” flat round disc. Brush olive oil and spread the sauce. Now spread the cheese and scatter the mushrooms on top.
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven for 10 minutes or till done.
- Sprinkle some olive oil and garnish with basil leaves before serving.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.