The most loved, traditional Indian dessert comes with a healthy twist! This halwa recipe has the goodness of zucchini cooked with sugar, milk and khoya into a delectable halwa. Garnished with a cherry and malai on top, relish this with friends and family or prepare it as a dessert for a dinner party at home.
Ingredients of Zucchini Halwa : zucchini, full fat milk, ghee, cardamom powder, sugar, khoya, cherry and kesari malai
Steps to make Zucchini Halwa :
- Wash zucchini properly.
- Grate the zucchini to medium thickness.
- Add zucchini and milk in a heavy bottom pan and cook on low heat until all the milk is absorbed.
- Add ghee in the pan along with cardamom powder.
- Fry for 4-5 minutes on low heat.
- Keep stirring continuously.
- Add sugar and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Add grated khoya and cook for 10 minutes on low heat until ghee starts to leave on the sides.
- Keep stirring in between.
- Garnish with cherry and pour malai on top.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.